Town Services

Streets Department

The Streets Department ensures safe and efficient traffic operations throughout the town. They are responsible for maintaining, sweeping, and plowing 14 miles of Town-owned roads.

When needed, snowplow operations take place in the early morning hours. To allow for safe and efficient plowing, no parking of vehicles or other obstacles is permitted on any street, alley, right-of-way, or Town parking lot between the hours of 2:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. between November 1st – May 1st (per G.M.C. 12.20.035). Plowing may create snow berms along driveways. Crews do their best to keep this to a minimum, but it often cannot be avoided. Removal of the berm is the property owner's responsibility. Snow cannot be shoveled back into the street and should not be placed on another's property without prior permission. 


Did you know the Town of Granby doesn't manage all Granby roads?

It is important to note that certain neighborhoods are not maintained by the Town of Granby. Neighborhoods such as Granby Ranch and Grand Elk are responsible for maintaining and plowing their respective areas.

Other roads such as Avenues A, B, and C as well as Agate Ave. east of 6th Street are outside of Town limits so they are maintained by Grand County Road and Bridge; they can be reached at 970-887-2123. County road issues can be reported through the County’s Request Tracker. 

Highway 40/Agate Ave. is a State-owned highway and thus is cared for by the Colorado Department of Transportation. Concerns for CDOT can be directed to 970-243-2368.

Check out live road conditions with COtrip



The Town of Granby is responsible for repairing streetlights along Highway 40/Agate Ave. All other streetlights are managed by Mountain Parks Electric (MPE). To report an out light not maintained by Town, call the MPE main office at 970-887-3378.


Excavation Permits

Always be sure to call 811 for locates before you dig! Locates can also be requested through Colorado 811's website.


Read G.M.C. 12.05 to learn about the requirements to obtain an excavation permit.

Excavation Permit on Private Property Grading, Excavation, Clearing, and Fill Permit Application for Private Property
Excavation Permit on Public Property Permit for Excavation, Cut, Trench or Opening in or Under Any Street, Sidewalk, Curb, Gutter, Curbwalk, Alley or Other Public Place